Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Spent the weekend working on the downstairs apartment. The dining room had ceiling tiles, the 12"x12" type, but they were badly water damaged, and we took them down quite a while ago. Got half of them up, then moved to other things. I finally finished the other half.
Also mostly finished is the living room floor. I used cheap laminate. It looks as good as the better laminate I used in other rooms, but doesn't assemble as easily. It looks better than the worn-out carpet we had before, and tons better than the painted floor underneath.
I still have to put trim down, but that should be fairly easy. Nice and bland (but easy care) for renters.